Senior Quality Automation Engineer in Madrid (Spain)
Our customer is a Swiss/German multinational company that operates all over the world for more than 150 years and is one of the leading providers of innovative security and access control solutions for selected segments of the fast-growing security industry. More than 16,000 employees and around 2.000 M€ revenue. This company maintains its worldwide technology leadership by constantly investing in innovation and product development. They will hire the selected candidate as an internal and permanent employee, based in Madrid, but providing services to their global organisation.
Professional Skills Requirements
Purpose of the function:
As ‘Software Test & QA Engineer’ the candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation and optimization of the comprehensive quality assurance processes of our e-commerce platform based on the SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris) completely built in Java.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
Your main responsibilities are:
· Support and perform activities in the design, implementation, coordination and execution of test cases to ensure the quality and stability of systems and applications.
· Conception, operation, further development, evaluation, documentation and support for all tasks related to test automation solutions are also part of the candidate’s responsibilities. The candidate will be a partner, coach and mentor of the development team on best practices, test guidelines and frameworks of our scalable solutions and exchange information with other departments regarding test automation processes.
· Candidate will define and implement new processes for performance and load tests.
· At least 5 years of professional experience in software test management and quality assurance.
· Practical experience with tools for test automation (Selenium) and BDD (Cucumber).
· Practical project experience in the design and implementation of test cases combined with extensive knowledge in software development and testing.
· Java knowledge is a strong asset for the position.
· Cloud experience valuable for the position (but not mandatory).
· Communicative, committed and entrepreneurial team player with a strong sense of responsibility, goal and solution-oriented work style, initiative, independence and ability to work under pressure.
Personal Skills Requirements
Job location: Madrid. European Union citizen otherwise valid job permit mandatory. At least one day per week remote work allowed.
Expected travel (after first introductory period):
No travel expected apart from some team meetings in Germany from time to time.
Education and Training:
· University Degree in Business Informatics, Computer Science, Mathematics or comparable (IT) technical education.
· Ideally a certification as Technical Test Analyst or Test Automation Engineer.
· English: Business fluent (minimum level FCE, better CAE or even CPE)
English is the primary working language
· Spanish: Business fluent
· German: Valuable but not mandatory
Reporting to Web & Application Development Leader (located in Germany)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: Depending on experience.
If you are interested, send an email to QA@montareloconsulting.com including in the subject: ‘QA(Madrid)’ along with your English CV.