- You will be the expert for service design, transition & external provider management within the applications department covering a range of diverse applications for small Business Teams (e.g. 1 to 50 users).
- You will be responsible for service designing and transitioning of a software solution into a controlled or managed service (ITIL based)
- You will be the interface to internal customers along with the Service Manager to understand and evaluate requirements and needs related to those applications.
- You work as contact person for our controlled and managed application services.
- You will closely collaborate with internal and external business teams.
- You will support business with applications knowledge, and also some market and competitor knowledge.
- Collaborate with operations department for guidance and support, including technical direction and partially some easy administration and updates tasks. You will be providing 2nd/3rd level of support to the designated applications, if needed, only during office hours.
- At least 5 years of experience in an ITSM/ITIL environment, handling applications and their add-ons; including transition to a managed service standard of operations, dealing with their technology stacks, operations and documentation for every new application.
- Some experience in administration of web servers (Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat Web Server…) is highly valuable as well as some SQL Server and Windows Server environments knowledge to deal with some simple technical tasks or scripting (PHP) when required, as installation, updating, patching, users and profiles management. Those will be supported by the operations team, of course, but a certain knowledge will be appreciated.
- Experience working in an ITSM environment and following ITIL practices guidelines, using Valuemation or any other ITSM tool.
- Process and methodological skills for transitioning software and solutions into a service management environment.
- Experience doing system administration tasks in web environments, including MS IIS or equivalent.
- High awareness of quality, able to think inter-divisionally and result-oriented.
- Independent and structured way of working.
- Very high level of spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel if needed (once or twice per year to Hamburg).
The company: our customer is a German multinational company called JUNGHEINRICH that operates all over the world for more than 65 years and is one of the leading providers of Logistics industry. More than 18,000 employees and around 4.000 M€ revenue. They will hire the selected candidate as an internal and permanent employee, based in Madrid, but providing services to their global organization.
We offer start-up flair with all the advantages of a well-known German multinational company such as a high level of internal expertise. Thus, you can expect a diverse daily work with flexible, family-friendly time schedule and home office possibility as well as plenty of space for co-designing of digital solutions.
To foster our growth at our research and development site in the city centre of Madrid, we are looking for a Applications Management Specialist to join our team of 5 people dealing with Applications Management and Service Transition Management, to ensure than every single application being used is configured and documented to be used as a managed and controlled service in an ITIL/ITSM compliant scenario.
If you are interested, apply here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including in the subject: ‘Application Management Specialist (Madrid)’ along with your English CV.