C++ Software Developer (hybrid)
The company: our customer is a German multinational (Jungheinrich Digital Solutions) that operates all over the world for more than 65 years and is one of the leading providers of Logistics industry. More than 18,000 employees and around 4.000 M€ revenue.
They will hire the selected candidate as an internal and permanent employee, based in Madrid, but providing services to their global organization.
Three days per week remote work allowed.
Description of the position:
Software Engineer with main focus on C++ related technologies, being part of a team of C++ Software Engineers based in Madrid. This team is responsible to develop new features, maintenance and bug fixing in Jungheinrich Warehouse Management System, leader in the Industry 4.0 intralogistics market.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Develop new features, maintenance and bug fixing in Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Assistance in drawing up concepts for product development for the adjustment and expansions in the Jungheinrich WMS/WCS (Warehouse Control System).
- Detailed preparation of concepts in form of work preparations.
- Implementation of his/her own and colleague’s work preparations.
- Assistance in co-creation developments as well as adjustments of the product core.
- Detailed preparation of test plans and execution of module/integration tests and system tests.
- More than 3 years of experience developing in C++.
- Experience programming in Windows environment and desirable in Linux.
- Experience working with std, boost, GTest and gRPC.
- Experience working with GIT, JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience writing automatic tests.
Additional valuable skills:
- Desirable experience with QT Creator and legacy code.
Personal Skills Requirements and Job Conditions
- Very good technical understanding.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Solution-oriented approach.
- Independent, systematic and structured way of working.
Job location: Madrid. European Union citizen otherwise valid job permit mandatory.
Expected travel: The role will require occasional travel mainly to the company’s location in Germany and/or Austria for team meetings and on-site project delivery as required.
Education and Training:
- Solid technical education (advanced technical college/university of applied science/university of technology) in the fields of computer sciences, software development or similar or relevant related experience.
- Spanish: Native language, otherwise business fluent.
- English: Very good Business English required (excellent communication skills). At least B2 level.
Organizational position: Reporting to the C++ Team Leader (located in Madrid).
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time, as internal employee.
Salary: Depending on experience.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere in a company that cares about an excellent team spirit always encouraging creativity.
- Challenging, independent work in an innovative and creative environment.
- Professional and personal training opportunities to advance your career.
- English and/or German language classes to improve your language skills.
- Organize your own working hours including the possibility of working from home three days a week.
- Reduced working hours during summer (July and August).
- You will work right in the heart of Madrid in a digital innovation international team.
If you are interested, please apply here or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including in the subject: ‘C++ developer’ along with your English CV.