The company: our customer is a German multinational called JUNGHEINRICH (JDS) that operates all over the world for more than 60 years and is one of the leading providers of Logistics industry. More than 18,000 employees and around 4.000 M€ revenue. They will hire the selected candidate as an internal and permanent employee, based in Madrid, but providing services to their global organization.
The role of the position:
We are seeking a passionate Data Engineer to join our Corporate Analytics Team.
Together with Corporate Analytics Team, you are playing the main role for the further development of our current analytics platform and making data available for various analytics projects and business units.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Ingest data from different data sources into our analytics platform
- Create data pipelines (batch, real-time is upcoming), e.g. IoT data, SAP data; across different staging and deployment environments
- Integrate new cloud platform services
- Operate the hybrid (on-premises and Azure cloud) analytics platform incl. build pipelines
- Contribute to the definition of data architecture standards and establish best practices for data management
- Maintain productive machine learning models
- More than 2 years of experience as a Data Engineer or similar role.
- Willing to learn.
- Hands-on ETL experience (incl. monitoring and maintaining data pipelines)
- Strong Python/PySpark skills
- Experience of working with cloud data lakes or analytics platforms
- Experience with implementation and administration of modern big data services, preferably on the Azure stack (Databricks, Data Factory, Data Lake)
- Experience in building (REST-)APIs
- Used to work with agile methods and tools e.g. Azure DevOps
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage to work in multiple projects
- Provide technical support to other members of a project team
Additional skills non mandatory, but valuable for the position:
- Experience in designing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with SAP systems as a data source
- Experience in Powershell
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. Data Mart)
- Used to work in a remote team
Personal Skills and Education Requirements
Personal skills & Competences:
- Excited about solving problems
- Great willingness to learn, creativity, reliability as well as commitment.
- Team player, Collaborative and easy to deal with.
- Strong communication skills.
- Quality awareness (someone who pay attention to the details and quality of his work).
- Client focused / Customer-driven mindset
- English: Very good Business English required (excellent communication skills). At least B2 level.
- Spanish: Native language, otherwise business fluent.
- German: Valuable for the position (but not mandatory).
Education and Certifications:
- Technical training (advanced technical college, university of applied sciences or technical university) or relevant related experience.
Job location: Madrid
Expected travel: Not regularly, probably 1-2 times per year to Hamburg (Germany)
Organizational position: Reporting to the Team Leader Analytics (located in Hamburg).
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time.
Salary: Depending on experience.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere in a company that cares about an excellent team spirit always encouraging creativity.
- Challenging, independent work in an innovative and creative environment.
- Professional and personal training opportunities to advance your career.
- English and/or German language classes to improve your language skills.
- Organize your own working hours including the possibility of working from home (at least 3 days a week).
- Reduced working hours during summer (July and August).
- You will work right in the heart of Madrid in a digital innovation international team.
If you are interested, apply here or send an email to email@example.com including in the subject: ‘Data Engineer (Madrid)’ along with your English CV.