European CyberSecurity Defense Engineer (Madrid)
The company: our customer is a Spanish multinational based in Madrid, that operates all over the world for more than 60 years and is one of the leading producers of food products. More than 12,000 employees and around 2.000 M€ revenue.
They will hire the selected candidate as an internal and permanent employee.
Purpose of the function:
Ensure the protection, detection and response of cyber threats, security breaches and verify the security controls’ effectiveness providing a central coordinating point for effective volunteer management and directs and assists volunteers to provide productive, efficient and effective emergency services in the event of attack. Participate in the definition of the Information Security methodologies for Information Classification, security measures and IAM guidelines.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Threat Intelligence
- Coordinate and monitor the external services contracted for forensic analysis, cyber exercises and other crisis simulations.
- Define and control the application of advanced strategic approaches.
- Analyze the Threat Intelligence reports and exercise conclusions.
- Implement and follow-up of actions in line with the conclusions reached.
- Security Monitoring
- Define, advise and update strategies for protection, detection and containment of threats, including reviewing the implementation of playbook procedures and activities for common and identified cases.
- Coordinate and monitor the outsourcing agreements for the protection, detection and containment of threats.
- Verify and monitor the implementation of the defined strategies.
- Analyze new threat intelligence studies, threat assessments and their report of the detected attacks investigations and their risks associated.
- Notify, scale the validated incidents and confirm the incidents to the designated incident response team.
- Measure different metrics and KPIs on the status of Cybersecurity, and report to Top Management.
- Vulnerability Management
- Coordinate and monitor the external services contracted to perform vulnerability scans.
- Analyze the results obtained and register them.
- Implement and follow-up actions in accordance with the conclusions reached, including a review of compliance with security controls.
- Implement and improve their Vulnerability & Patch Management programs.
- Leverage Vulnerability & Patch Management platforms and tools to assess the current Cybersecurity situation from a variety of perspectives.
- Work with teams to support the design, deployment and improvement of Vulnerability & Patch Management processes and procedures.
- Optimize the customer Vulnerability & Patch Management platforms to improve operational effectiveness.
- Incident Response and Forensics
- Support in coordination, scalation, response and communication of the security incidents.
- Create and provide reports to Top Management on incident management performance and the status of the network and data security from an operational level.
- Playbooks review (incident response guides).
- Register and collect evidence and classify incidents according to their severity.
- Implementation and follow-up of lessons learned and associated action plans.
- Coordinate and monitor the external services contracted for forensic analysis
- Analyze forensic reports.
- Implement and follow-up actions according to lessons learned.
Working Experience and knowledge:
- 5+ years of multi-disciplinary Information Security and Information Technology experience.
- Strong understanding of common best practices, frameworks and regulations (NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, CIS, etc.).
- Detailed understanding of offensive cybersecurity tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in creating communication channels and operational processes with external stakeholders, including IT, Human Resources, Legal, Communications, and Employee Relations teams, to effectively manage incident response, insider threat or DLP violation scenarios.
- Broad knowledge across all relevant facets of a holistic, modern cybersecurity program, including a strong understanding of current and emerging trends and threats, security operations and vulnerabilities management.
- Demonstrated track record of efficient, scaled delivery with small teams, directly taking on and providing deliverables with limited resources, including standing up capabilities ground-up.
- Experience in security vendor-related contract reviews and legal processes.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) allowing them to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management.
- Ability to support comprehensive RFPs, addressing all compliance and regulations-related issues.
- Availability to solve unexpected incidents or problems related to the job position.
Personal Skills Requirements and Job Conditions
Job location: Madrid, European nationality otherwise EU/Spain work permit required as a prerequisite.
Willing to travel when needed.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or related field.
- Master’s degree in security/engineering, computer science or business information systems is preferred.
- Vendor independent security certifications (e.g. CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CEH…)
Fluent Spanish and English are essential.
Organizational position: Reporting to European CISO (located in Madrid).
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time.
Salary: Depending on experience.
If you are interested, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including in the subject: ‘CyberSecurity Defense Engineer’ along with your CV in English.