Part of a Research & Development team based in Madrid who will be responsible to develop and maintain the embedded SW of an Access Control and Time Management terminal.
As a Senior Embedded QA Tester you will be part of the design and building the innovative core technology that makes our access control systems not only user friendly but safe and reliable.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Embedded QA Tester who thrives the further testing of new and existing embedded technology based products in combination with related integrated systems.
You will provide mentorship to junior engineers so they can grow and practice the state of art. You will champion embedded system best practices and keep raising the bar for engineering excellence.
You’ll be working alongside a group of engineers, designers, and Product Owners with long and deep experience building systems and solutions in electronic access control.
Are you curious and passionate about working in a constantly evolving and challenging international environment?
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
As part of the team in card and readers developing products for electronic access control, the engineer is going to do:
• Specification of tests for products and systems (e.g. new development or further development of devices, software, firmware).
• Creation of test specifications in the defined formats and filing or administration of these in the defined documentation systems.
• Coordination of the test specification with the development department; incorporation of agreed change requests.
• Costing of effort and material; use of the defined costing schemes
•Perform test execution of products and systems with a special view to embedded technology.
• Perform product maintenance activities.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of the products.
• Contribute to planning.
Contribution to professional Development of junior colleagues
• 3+ years of experience in testing of complex / integrated systems or development role in comparable environments.
• Strong in Programming fundamentals and ability to program in at least one programming language like Java, C# or Python.
• Experience in building, test driven development method and deploying of hardware and software based products.
• Experience working with version control, build & deployment and test management tools (GIT, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Polarion, HP ALM).
• Experience of testing web and client-server applications in combination with interaction to HW products.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experienced in testing methods like Input-Range-Testing, Stress Testing, Performance Profiling, F&R (Fail Over & Recovery) Testing, Configuration testing, dynamic and static WCET (Worst Case Execution Testing) and schedulability testing.
• Experience working in all phases of software and system testing right from requirements analysis up until QA/UAT off and release to live.
• Experience implementing automated tests.
• Experience in automation toolset like Ranorex, Selenium, Fitnesse, NI Test-Stand.
• Experience with JIRA.
Additional experience non-mandatory, but valuable for the position:
• Experience working with JIRA/Confluence.
• Basic SQL skills.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Deep understanding of systems consists of combined technologies embedded, mechanical, and software.
• Good knowledge of the software / product development lifecycle.
• Good knowledge of QA practices and processes.
• Familiar with the execution of test cases in different stages and orchestration of testing methods and strategies.
• Strong understanding of testing methodologies and quality as part of the delivery lifecycle.
• Passion for ‘hunting bugs’.
• You are a team player.
The company: our customer is a Swiss/German multinational company that operates all over the world for more than 150 years and is one of the leading providers of innovative security and access solutions for selected segments of the fast-growing security industry. More than 16,000 employees and around 2.000 M€ revenue. This company maintains its worldwide technology leadership by constantly investing in innovation and product development. They will hire the selected candidate as an internal and permanent employee, based in Madrid, but providing services to their global organisation.
Personal Skills Requirements and Job Conditions
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Proactive and independent working.
Job location: Madrid, European nacionality otherwise EU/Spain work permit required as a prerrequisite.
Willingness for some travelling to Germany/Switzerland and other European countries to ensure optimum
collaboration and software support. An average of 10% per year, short trips on weekdays.
Education and Training:
• A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline
• English: Very good Business English required (at least B2).
• German: Desirable but not a must.
• Spanish: Native language, otherwise business fluent.
Organizational position: Reporting to the R&D Manager (placed in Madrid)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time.
Salary: Depending on experience.
If you are interested, apply here or send an email to email@example.com including in the subject ‘senior embedded software QA Engineer’ along with your English CV.