Purpose of the function:
The candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of e-commerce processes in an Agile development team. Together with the team he/she will develop customer-oriented e-commerce web and app solutions for the B2B industrial market.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
Main responsibilities are:
- The candidate will design, implement and manage the software and system architectures for the various global e-commerce platforms.
- In doing so, the candidate ensures that the system and application architectures meet all requirements for quality, security, modifiability and expandability.
- As Application Architect Web, he/she coordinates the collaboration with the internal and external developers in the Web & App Development Team and ensures communication with other developers, product owners and other teams in Group IT.
- Within this framework he/she will be actively involved in template planning and the further development of e-commerce solutions in an international working environment.
- 3+ years of practical experience as a lead developer in the field of web application software development with a focus on e-commerce.
- Extensive skills and about 5 years of experience in Java development as well as the ability to grasp business processes and implement them in software and system architectures.
- Very good English in writing and oral communications is a requirement.
- Furthermore, the candidate has a solid understanding of technology and troubleshooting and is trained in the use of Agile SCRUM software development methods.
- Ideally experience in continuous integration, automated deployment and release engineering tools (GIT and Atlassian suite required as a minimum).
- Existing architectural knowledge on the SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris) or on other platforms, especially in the interface segment.
Additional valuable skills:
- Team leading experience is a plus.
- Creativity and curiosity with regard to new technologies and developments in the web environment characterize you just as much as responsible and quality-conscious action.
- Communicative, committed and entrepreneurial team player with a strong sense of responsibility, goal and solution-oriented work style, initiative, independence and ability to work under pressure.
The company: our customer is a Swiss/German multinational company that operates all over the world for more than 150 years and is one of the leading providers of innovative security and access solutions for selected segments of the fast-growing security industry. More than 16,000 employees and around 2.000 M€ revenue. This company maintains its worldwide technology leadership by constantly investing in innovation and product development. They will hire the selected candidate as an internal and permanent employee, based in Madrid, but providing services to their global organisation.
Personal Skills Requirements and Job Conditions
Job location: Madrid. European Union citizen otherwise valid job permit mandatory. At least one day per week remote work allowed.
No travel expected apart from some team meetings in Germany from time to time.
Education and Training:
- University Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Business Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or comparable (IT) technical education.
- English: Very good Business English required (excellent communication skills).
- Spanish: Business fluent.
- German: Desirable but not mandatory.
Organizational position: Reporting to Web & Application Development Leader (located in Germany)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time.
Salary: Depending on experience.
If you are interested, apply here or send an email to email@example.com including in the subject: ‘e-commerce Applications Architect (Madrid)’ along with your English CV.