We are looking for an Infrastructure and SAP Systems Engineer/Architect to join our team in a permanent, full-time position which will be responsible to manage different projects, operations, change requests, new initiatives, security and daily activities related with our company’s infrastructure, mostly based in SAP products, Microsoft and Linux servers.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Ensure the availability, integrity, security and confidentiality of the information managed in our company’s infrastructure.
- Handle the external providers of all IT services and infrastructure.
- Lead new IT projects and help to define IT Architecture evolution.
- Perform some Systems and SAP admin tasks as an exception only, normally being performed daily by the outsourcing services providers.
Main tasks to be managed under that position are:
- Architecture definition and implementation
- Systems integration
- Keep systems updated
- SAP Basis admin on Linux
- Plan, coordinate, and support IT software updates/upgrades (operating systems, Databases, Applications…).
- SQL, Windows server
- Operations follow-up:
- Monitoring and capacity planning
- SLAs review and problem management
- Change request management
- Availability and recovery tests
- Vendor management and negotiation
- Project management
- 3rd. Level support management, supported by providers
- Application landscape:
- Tuning to improve its performance
- Keep updated application configuration
- Transport orders supervision
- Ensure environment integrity (development, test and production)
- Scheduling batch jobs
- Carry out controls, analysis of results achieved and identify vulnerabilities
- Systems audit and identification of vulnerabilities
- Carry out impact on security of new applications and/or services or changes in functionality or infrastructure
- Follow-up on resolution of vulnerabilities (including periodic reporting)
- SAP Roles management
- Support finance audits
- Support SAP, Microsoft… licenses audits
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience performing infrastructure management and SAP Basis administration.
- Some experience setting up and managing Outsourcing contracts and external providers is also required.
- SAP Basis administration (SAP Cloud solutions valuable).
- Infrastructure management related to Microsoft and SAP.
- Systems Architecture definition and implementation using cloud providers (Azure…).
- Able to work in multilanguage and multicultural teams.
- Responsible and deeply implicated with the company success.
- Self-learner willing to keep updated in new technologies.
Education and Training:
- Completed University studies in Engineering, Computer Science or comparable qualification or an equivalent work experience.
- Spanish: Business fluent
- English: Business English required. B2/C1 level (no certification needed).
The company: our customer is a multinational corporation that operates over 40 countries for more than 70 years and is one of the leading providers in the Auxiliary Construction industry, providing mineral-based building insulation materials. More than 1,800 employees across Europe and 13 Production Sites. They will hire the selected candidate as an internal and permanent employee, based in Madrid, but providing services to their global European organization.
Job location: Madrid.
Organizational position: Reporting to the Infrastructure & Operations Manager (located in Madrid).
Expected travel: Very limited but should be open if a sporadic trip was required.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time, as internal employee.
Salary: Depending on experience. Fixed plus bonus scheme.
- Mixed remote and onsite work planned (3 days a week remote work allowed).
- Good holidays scheme (22+6+some other days off).
- Life insurance.
- Flexible package chosen by employees.
If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com including in the subject: ‘Infra SAP (Madrid)’ along with your English CV.