The company: Our customer is a Swiss/German multinational that operates all over the world for more than 150 years and is one of the leading providers of innovative security and access control solutions for selected segments of the fast-growing security industry. More than 16,000 employees and around 2,000 M€ revenue. This company maintains its worldwide technology leadership by constantly investing in innovation and product development. They will hire the selected candidates as internal and permanent employees, based in Madrid, but providing services to their global organization.
Personal Skills Requirements and Job Conditions
Job location: Madrid, European nacionality otherwise EU/Spain work permit required as a prerrequisite.
1-3 trips a year to Austria, Germany or Switzerland will be needed in order to understand new business requirements.
Education and Training:
- University degree or equivalent on technical College or relevant related experience.
- Desirable to have any Java certification, specially in the fields of:
- Developing Applications for the Java EE 8 Platform
- Java EE Design Patterns
- English: Very good Business English required (excellent communication skills).
- Spanish: Business fluent.
Organizational position: Reporting to the Java Lead Developer (located in Madrid)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time.
Salary: Depending on experience.
Purpose of the function:
Part of a team of 13 Senior Java fullstack developers based in Madrid who will be responsible to maintain, evolve and develop an in-house application with interfaces to SAP modules.
Description of the position:
A passionate Senior Java Fullstack Developer who thrives the further implementation of our in-house application MKS (Master Key Systems) for the Technical Order Processing and Configuration of our products: door lock systems. The software interfaces closely with our SAP landscape: ERP, CRM, PI…
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Enhance the IAS platform to meet the additional requirements for upcoming rollouts in Switzerland and across Europe.
- Take the role of a member in an agile Scrum team using JIRA/Confluence.
- Collaborate with Product Owners to define requirements together
- Keep Quality Assurance & Automation practices very present.
- Ensure top notch 3rd level support for your application.
- Long term Java development experience (min. 5 years).
- A broad knowledge of software patterns, OO-design and 3-Tier architecture.
- Huge experience/knowhow of Java Development, especially with Spring & Hibernate frameworks, and also with Soap/REST (xml, json).
- Experience using tools like: maven, GIT
- Deep knowledge of SQL and especially Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience/knowhow with Windows & Linux.
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile teams.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP is a plus, but it is not required
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Service oriented
- Client focused
- Quality oriented
- Proactive and independent working
- Willingness for some travelling to Austria, Switzerland and other European countries to ensure
optimum collaboration and software support
If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com including in the subject: ‘Senior JAVA Developer (Madrid)’ along with your English CV.