Linux Systems Engineer
The company: our customer is a German multinational Corporation that operates all over the world since more than 65 years and is one of the leading providers of Logistics industry. More than 18,000 employees and around 4.000 M€ revenue. They will hire the selected candidate as an internal and permanent employee of them, based in Madrid, but providing services to their global organization
Personal Skills Requirements and Job Conditions
Job location: Madrid. European Union citizen otherwise valid job permit mandatory. At least one day per week remote work allowed.
Expected travel: Not regularly, just some trip when needed, possibly to Hamburg once in a while, maybe 2-3 times per year.
Education and Training:
- BSc or Master in Computer Sciences or an equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Windows certifications valuable, but not required.
- Spanish: Native language, otherwise business fluent, B2 level.
- English: Very good Business English required (excellent communication skills). B2/C1 level.
- German: Nice to have for the position, but not required.
Organizational position: Reporting to the Cloud Software Services Lead (located in Hamburg).
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time, as internal employee.
Salary: Depending on experience.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere in a company that cares about an excellent team spirit always encouraging creativity.
- Challenging, independent work in an innovative and creative environment.
- Professional and personal training opportunities to advance your career.
- English and/or German language classes to improve your language skills.
- Organize your own working hours including the possibility of working from home sometimes.
- Reduced working hours during summer (July and August).
- You will work right in the heart of Madrid in a digital innovation international team.
Description of the position:
To foster our growth at our development and IT services site in the city centre of Madrid, we are looking for a Linux System Engineer to join our Cloud Platform Operation team in a permanent, full-time position.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- System management: upgrading, tuning, capacity and performance management
- Daily server administration, including monitoring and troubleshooting of server issues
- Development: designing and developing automation of system setups and changes
- Maintain and ensure security and patch management
- Assistance for / collaboration with our internal customers
- At least 5 years experience in Linux (RHEL) System Administration and scripting (Bash, Python)
- Excellent communication skills in English (at least B2 level).
- Strong expertise in Red Hat required, experience with CentOS also valuable, or SuSE and Debian too.
- Good understanding and experience of server virtualization (VMware), cloud providers (AWS, AZURE…) and container technologies.
- Scripting tools (Bash, Python…) experience required.
Additional valuable skills:
- Good knowledge of automation IaC solutions (Ansible or similar solutions) desired
- A good understanding of MySQL or SQL Server would be great
- Networking and Security infrastructure knowledge valuable (Zscaler, Fortinet…)
- Passion for architecture of IT-landscapes
- Experience in working in virtual teams with different cultures
- Experience in similar position would be good
Team oriented, collaborative and easy to deal with.
Proactive and independent working.
Great willingness to learn, creativity, reliability as well as commitment.
Disruptive, creative, out of the box thinking.
Strong communication skills.
Capable of working under pressure.
If you are interested, apply here or send an email to email@example.com including in the subject: ‘Linux Systems Engineer (Madrid)’ along with your English CV.