The company: our customer (arculus) is a leading provider of complete solutions for planning, implementation and management of automated logistics and modular production systems. arculus’ portfolio includes the arculee line of autonomous mobile robots, the arculus Fleet software, arculus Warehouse (goods-to-person logistics) and arculus Modular Production (dynamic product flow).
arculus is now part of Jungheinrich, a German multinational corporation that operates all over the world for more than 65 years and is one of the leading providers in the Logistics industry. More than 18,000 employees and around 4.000 M€ revenue.
They will hire the selected candidate as an internal and permanent employee, based in Madrid, but providing services to their global organization.
Description of the position:
We are seeking a passionate Python Developer to join our Software Development Team in Madrid.
You will join our software team, responsible for creating and maintaining our Fleet Management system for autonomous mobile robots. You will be a part of a cross-functional, agile, international and distributed workforce, creating the best possible platform for our users.
With us you will solve complex problems in live business and production environment.
Organizational position: Reporting to CTO arculus (located in Dresden, Germany).
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Ensuring Design of reliable distributed systems.
- Developing new features based on customer needs and feedback.
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data.
- Expert knowledge and previous experience working with Python in business environment (5+ years).
- Experience in Python
- Experience in Qt Creator.
- Experience in Agile methodologies (desirable: Scrum).
- Experience in web services (Rest/Restful).
- Experience in Relational databases (desirable: PostgreSQL) as well as NoSQL DB (desirable: Mongo).
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems.
- Concern for the cleanliness of code and structure, for elegance and simplicity.
- Skills to operate systems under Linux, also with Docker.
- Strong data structures, design, algorithms, and coding skills.
Additional skills non mandatory, but valuable for the position:
- Knowledge of asyncio.
- Knowledge of Angular.
- Knowledge of Thrift.
- Knowledge of CleanCode methodology.
- You have Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team oriented, Collaborative and easy to deal with.
- Proactive and independent working.
- Great willingness to learn, creativity, reliability as well as commitment.
- Disruptive, creative, out of the box thinking.
- Strong communication skills.
- Client focused.
Education and Training:
- Technical training (advanced technical college, university of applied sciences or technical university) or relevant related experience
- Spanish: Business fluent.
- English: Very good Business English required (excellent communication skills). B2/C1 level.
- German: Would be valuable for the position, but it is not required at all.
Job location: Madrid. European Union nationality otherwise EU/Spain work permit required as a prerequisite.
Expected travel: Very limited, always limited to weekdays, to Munich and in Dresden (Germany) for teaming and alignment a few times per year.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time, as internal employee.
Salary: Depending on experience.
- Friendly and informal atmosphere in a company that cares about an excellent team spirit always encouraging creativity.
- Challenging, independent work in an innovative and creative environment.
- Professional and personal training opportunities to advance your career.
- English and/or German language classes to improve your language skills.
- Organize your own working hours including the possibility of working from home (2-3 days per week after Covid situation).
- Reduced working hours during summer (July and August).
- You will work right in the heart of Madrid in a digital innovation international team.
If you are interested apply here, or send an email to email@example.com including in the subject: ‘Python Developer (Madrid)’ along with your English CV.